A super healthy oatmeal baked dish with cinnamon apples and caramelized maple syrup. It's filling, easy to prepare, and kids love it.
- 1 Apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup rolled Oats
- 1 cup milk (non-dairy or dairy both work. I like the taste of almond milk in this cake
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Banana
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl.
- Add in banana and mash it with a fork. It doesn't have to be completely pureed. A little bit of chunks are find and will add to the moisture of the bake.
- Pour maple syrup and milk and mix until incorporated.
- Peel and chop apples into small cubes. Toss apples with cinnamon and maple syrup.
- In a pyrex or other oven safe dish, add in the oatmeal. Top with apple mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until you see bubbling at the sides.