- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 apple, favorite variety (I like to use Honeycrisp)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, cream melted butter and sugars together.
- Add in eggs and mix. Then add apple sauce, greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix just until incorporated.
- Add in one of the bananas and mash it with a fork. It doesn't have to be completely pureed. A little bit of chunks are find and will add to the moisture of the bake. You can do this in a separate bowl, or just add it in to the mix. I usually just add in to the mix. Less bowls = less cleanup. 😉
- Peel and chop apple into small cubes and add to the batter.
- Mix in the dry ingredients. (flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice)
- Pour batter into an oven safe loaf pan and top with sliced banana and then top with streusel. (press the banana into the batter a little bit so it's not just floating on top. Add the streusel after the banana)
- Bake for about 1 hour or until you a fork comes out mostly clean.