A vegan take on a classic. This jackfruit salad is made with fresh cranberries and roasted almonds for a filling vegan salad that tastes great on toast.Print
Vegan version of the cranberry almond chicken salad, jackfruit makes a perfect stand-in for chicken.
- 1 can of young green jackfruit
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 TBSP fresh dill, or more to taste (I like a lot of dill, so I always add extra)
- Drain and remove jackfruit from can. Rinse. Sort through jackfruit and discard the parts that look like seeds. Cut off the tough core meat sections and discard. Rinse again thoroughly in a colander.
- Chop jackfruit into smaller, bite sized pieces and add to large bowl.
- Add mayo, bell pepper, celery, dill, juice and zest of lemon.
- Toss to combine. Enjoy on toast with guac and a fresh tomato.