Quick and Easy French toast recipe that uses simple ingredients and pumpkin pie spice for extra flavor!
- 8 slices of thick. hearty bread (Brioche is my favorite for French toast)
- 1.5 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (alternatively you can use 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, but I recommend going with pumpkin pie spice as it lends a more complex flavor)
- 1/4 cup milk (Use 2% or full fat for best results)
- butter for frying (I end up using about 1.5 tablespoons for all 8 slices)
- fruit for topping
- maple syrup to taste
- Heat large nonstick skillet on medium/high and add butter to melt.
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs and milk together until combined.
- Add pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and stir to combine.
- One by one, dredge the slices in the egg mixture. Place soaked slices on a cutting board for a few seconds so that the mixture has time to absorb a little bit (this makes for a much better toast in the end)
- Arrange the soaked pieces of toast in the skillet and cook on each side for about a minute to a minute and a half, they are done when its crispy on the edges and has browned a bit.
- Top with berries, maple syrup
- Enjoy! French toast is best eaten fresh.