A rustic summer slaw recipe that uses fresh veggies chopped and tossed with a honey mustard sauce that is made with 5 simple ingredients (plus s+p). Results are a healthier, fresh take on the traditional Cole slaw! Can be made ahead, just keep veggies and sauce separate until ready to serve.
For the honey mustard sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
For the rustic slaw:
- purple cabbage
- napa cabbage
- baby carrots
- To make the honey mustard sauce, mixx all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside while preparing the veggies.
- Chop both cabbages into thin shredded pieces. You don't need perfect uniformity here, it's definitely rustic to have a bit of variety in the cuts.
- Slice baby carrots into small circles.
- Toss all veggies together with sauce. Serve immediately.*
If making ahead, prepare as instructed except leave the sauce separate and keep in fridge until ready to serve.