Today I'm sharing my favorite midday snack, Creamy Kale Avocado Smoothie. I make this almost every day, with slight variations depending on what I have on hand. But its a tasty, healthy treat that I find myself going back to again and again. Even my little 7 month old loves it. And that's definitely a win :).
What goes into this creamy kale avocado smoothie:
- 1 Banana
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Pear
- ½ inch piece fresh ginger (optional, but adds a nice spicy kick)
- ½ to ⅓ cup almond, coconut, or low-fat cow's milk
- 2 heaping cups chopped kale
Variations and endless in smoothie recipes, and this one is no different. If you want to add extra protein, try a few tablespoons of chia seeds. If you want to make this smoothie more filling, add in ¼ cup rolled oats.
My favorite milk with this smoothie is probably coconut milk. It's just hard to beat the creaminess of full fat coconut milk. But it does add a little coconut flavor, so if that's not your thing, choose a different liquid! Almond milk is always great with smoothies, too. Lately, I have been using 2% cow's milk just because that's what I have on hand, but really any milk will work.
Sometimes green smoothies can look dull or even a yucky brown color. It doesn't scream appetizing. But this creamy kale avocado smoothie is different in that it is so vibrant and beautiful.
Look at that beautiful color:
For more smoothie recipes, check out my Blueberry Spinach Smoothie!Print
Vibrant and healthy, Creamy Kale Avocado Smoothie is as beautiful as it is good for you. Can be made in any blender, this recipe contains the perfect amount to fill the large container of a Nutribullet. Makes 2 large glasses.
- 1 banana
- ½ avocado
- 1 pear
- Optional: ½ inch piece fresh ginger
- ½ to ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 2 heaping cups packed kale
- ½ cup ice, if desired
- Wash and slice all fruits and kale.
- If using ginger, cut very small so that there are not stringy bits in the finished smoothie.
- Add all ingredients including milk and ice to blender or nutribullet and blend until smooth.