A delicious, elevated, yet ridiculously easy to prepare breakfast that is as tasty as it is impressive.
This healthy one pan breakfast meal has lots of protein (eggs), healthy fat (olives, olive oil), and is a nutrient dense meal to power the day.
This healthy one can meal breakfast meal has lots of protein (eggs), healthy fat (olives, olive oil, eggs), and is a nutrient dense meal to power the day.
My husband is secretly a brilliant cook and always introducing me to new meals, flavor ideas, and just all around deliciousness. His version of Eggs a la Puttanesca was completely developed by him in a 'in the moment' cooking day. It's so good, time and time again, that I had to add it to the site.
We used canned Italian tomatoes because I love San Marzano tomatoes in my Italian dishes, it just adds a level of flavor that you can't beat. But, of course fresh chopped tomatoes would work here too.
- Use high quality kalamata olives (organic if you can find)
- Fresh garlic beats the pre-minced versions
- Use pasture raised eggs (Flavor, nutrition profile, color, all are better in pasture raised eggs. It really does make a difference.)
One pan meal that is a delicious, elevated yet easy to prepare breakfast that's as tasty as it is impressive.
- ½ onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¾ - 1 cup kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (more to taste)
- 1 can of Italian crushed tomatoes or 4 - 5 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 4 -5 eggs to cover the pan
- Chop onion, garlic, and kalamata olives very finely.
- To a large pan, add olive oil and chopped mixture.
- Cook on medium/high until fragrant and cooked down.
- Add tomatoes and continue cooking until deepened in color and mixture is thickened.
- Crack eggs and drop ontop of mixture. Keep on heat until eggs are cooked.
- Eat straight out of the pan with sourdough.
* The mixture (without eggs on top) can be made and saved in the fridge in a glass container for a week.