This post will show you how to make a quick & easy foamy milk for your morning lattes when you are feeling a little fancy but don't have a milk frother or steamer handy.
It's seriously a really easy little method:
- You take a small mason jar,
- Fill it half way up with 2% milk (I've heard of success with 1% as well, but I haven't personally tried this because I like the flavor I get with the extra fat of 2%),
- Shake it up real good,
- Take the cap off and microwave it for 10 seconds.
You have a beautifully foamed milk to pour on top of that coffee and turn it into a fancy shmancy latte, all made by you!
I tried this method with whole milk with little success. It foamed up okay but the bubbles were quick to disappear. I switched to 2% and it made a world of difference! So definitely use a lower far milk for this for the best, most stable foam.Print
A DIY way to make foamy milk for lattes and other drinks.
- 1 or 2% milk
- small mason jar
- Fill mason jar halfway with milk
- Shake well for at least 30 seconds, longer for more foam.
- Take lid off and microwave for 10 seconds.
- Use foamy milk in your latte!