If you haven't had homemade yogurt (lebneh) balls before, you're about to meet your new favorite snack/breakfast/midnight craving:
These little babies are so creamy and flavorful, it's hard not to eat a whole jar in one sitting. Best of all is that making them is really a set it and forget it process.
You only need 2 ingredients to make these:
- Greek Yogurt
- Sea Salt
You will also need a cheese cloth or a nut milk bag for straining, a sifter to set the cheese cloth on, and a bowl to catch the whey they will drip from it.
I like eating these with some toasty bread, a little olive oil and some Za’atar spice to dip my bread in....so good!
I hope you enjoy these homemade yogurt (lebneh) balls. They are a huge hit around here!Print
Creamy and delicious lebneh balls (yogurt balls) are healthy and delicious and great to hand on hand for quick snacks or breakfasts!
- 1 container of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a sifter with a double layer of cheese cloth over a deep bowl.
- Add entire carton of greek yogurt.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Gather edges of cheese cloth and secure with a rubber band or tie into a knot.
- Set in a cool place for approx. 36 hours for the ideal consistency.*
- Unwrap strained yogurt form cheese cloth and prepare a mason jar by filling halfway with olive oil.
- Form yogurt into balls about the size of 2 tablespoons and drop into the olive oil.
- Make sure the yogurt is completely submerged in olive oil. Store on counter for 2 months. You may also store in the fridge but the olive oil will solidify. If you choose to do this, just let it come to room temperature before eating so that the oil can go back to liquid form.
*I have let it sit between 24 hours and 48 hours and 36 seems to be that sweet spot that results in the best consistency.