Healthy and undeniably easy summer squash stew! It's light, made in 1 pot, and full of healthy summer veggies. It's delicious on pita or over rice.
- 3 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- optional: 1 red bell pepper (or any color bell pepper), chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In medium sized pot, heat olive oil on medium/high heat and add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add all veggies and water.
- Add salt and pepper. Start with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. You can add more as needed later.
- Lower heat to low/medium and cover until veggies have cooked down.
- Using a large fork or a wooden spoon, smash to break up the pieces. You want a chunky dip consistency. Be careful not to over smash it, though. You don't want it to be completely blended.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Enjoy with crunchy pita!