Here is the easiest way to cook a pumpkin. The crown jewel of holiday season food. Pumpkin is so easy to roast in fact, that I'll never be buying canned pumpkin puree again. Like ever, ever again! Let's make this super duper easy roasted pumpkin, shall we?
Ingredients for Easy Roasted Pumpkin:
Yep, that's it! You really don't need any oil to make this work well. I have seen recipes calling for oil rubbed on the pumpkin or water in some instances. But these are relly not necessary and you can get a perfectly roasted, creamy inside pumpkin just by using the pumpkin itself.
To make Roasted Pumpkin:
- Wash pumpkin.
- Cut a pumpkin in half
- Roast in oven for about 45 minutes at 350F.
- Scoop out with a spoon or fork. That's it!
Make Pumpkin Puree:
Pureeing roasted pumpkin makes completely smooth, which makes it easier to use in your favorite recipes. Pureed pumpkin can be used to make pies, sauces, baby food, or actual real pumpkin spice lattes! Pureeing pumpkin is really easy because the pumpkin itself has a lot of moisture, so no liquid is needed to be added.
- After roasting pumpkin and scooping out, place the scooped out pumpkin in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge and use within a few days. If needed keep longer than a few days, I suggest freezing until needed.
If needed to keep longer than a few days, I suggest freezing it so that it retains freshness. If frozen, I would use within a month or two.
I hope you enjoy this easy roasted pumpkin recipe. Connect with me in the comments or on instagram to show me how it goes for you! For more holiday food ideas, check out this Easy Green Bean Casserole, or this Oat Bran with Cinnamon Apples.Print
Easy Roasted Pumpkin
Pumpkin puree is seriously the easiest thing to make. With only pumpkin needed, it's the simplest vegetable to roast and get consistent results with. I'll never buy a can of pumpkin puree again.
- pie pumpkin (as many as you want)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice pumpkin in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds with a fork or spoon.
- Place pumpkin halves open side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until skin is easily pierced with a fork.
- Scoop our pumpkin with a fork or spoon.
- Blend in blender for a completely pureed pumpkin.
- Use in recipes or eat straight! 🙂
perfect for fall!!