I love muffins. Who doesn't, right? And even better are muffins that are packed to the max with fresh berries. And even better than that are these double berry muffins that can easily be made vegan. Let's get to baking!
My go-to muffins have been my blueberry overload muffin, and it's been a favorite around here.
I wanted to lower the unhealthy parts of my original recipe without sacrificing flavor and adding a little more color and a little more tartness. And what resulted is this super tender and delicately sweet, double berry muffin. I reduced the sugar and butter without sacrificing flavor and relied the berries to give us most of the sweetness and tenderness.
Just look at these berry beauties:
Now that I have your attention, making this muffins is a snap!
And all it takes is 9 simple ingredients to make these double berry muffins:
- baking powder
- fresh berries
All made in one bowl. To make these muffins, simply grab a bowl,
- add ingredients
- bake until tops are crispy
If you prefer blackberries or a combination of all 3 berries, go for it. Truly any combination of berries will work here. But raspberries and blueberries are a definite favorite. They result in perfectly tender and delicately sweet muffins.
MAKE IT VEGAN:
This muffin recipe can be easily adapted to make it vegan. Simply swap out the eggs for 2 Flax eggs (2 tablespoons of flax meal + 6 tablespoons of water) and the milk for non-dairy milk (almond milk works great for baked goods).
These muffins are perfect as is. But if you're looking for a little extra indulgence, add a little lemon glaze on top. It is never a bad idea.
To make a super simple glaze, simply mix powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice until a glaze is formed.
The ratio you use will depend on how thick or thin you want your glaze, I used:
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- juice of ¼ lemon
I hope you enjoy these muffins! They are tender, delicately sweet, perfectly juicy from fresh berries, and great for an on the go snack or breakfast!Print
Fresh raspberries and blueberries combine to make a flavor packed, mostly healthy muffin that only requires 1 bowl and bakes in 30 minutes!
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup 2% or whole milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups fresh berries (any combination will work but my favorite is raspberry with blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs, sugar and mix until creamy using a beater or fork.
- Next, add milk and vanilla. Mix.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Add in fresh berries. Fold gently to incorporate.
- Fill muffin cups almost all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle tops with cane sugar. (This will help make a crispy top.)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are hardened and toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Enjoy! Best fresh but will keep on counter for a couple days.